[time-nuts] Thunderbolt stability and ambient temperature

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Fri Jun 12 01:10:42 UTC 2009

The effect that was described was absolutely NOT a result of thermal
conductivity being a function of temperature.

It was a dynamic effect... a transient condition. The result of applying a
short heat pulse to a long Time Constant, distributed system.

Do the simulation I suggested hours ago.

-John

>> Tom
>>
>> The thermal conductivity isnt constant with temperature.
>> It also varies between different crystalline forms of the same
material. This can be seen in more comprehensive tables of thermal
conductivity. In particular at cryogenic temperatures the thermal
conductivity can change dramatically (eg in superconductors)