[time-nuts] need programmable pulse output

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Fri Jun 12 04:17:55 UTC 2009

Hi Pieter,

Is this what you're looking for?

    1PPS TIME OFFSET COMMAND (@@Ay)

    The GPS receiver outputs a one pulse-per second (1PPS) signal with
the rising edge
    placed on top of the GPS/UTC one second tic mark. The 1PPS Offset
command allows
    the user to offset the 1PPS time mark in one nanosecond increments.
This offset can
    be used to place the 1PPS signal anywhere within the one second epoch.

This command is available in the Motorola M12T, M12+, UT+, and VP boards.

For more modern boards, the same command is implemented in the I-Lotus
M12M and the Navsync CW-25 module with the Motorola firmware load.  Be
careful if the programmable 10 MHz output on the CW-25 is of interest to
you.  I bought it last year and at that time it was NOT programmable
with the Motorola firmware load.  It's fixed at 10 MHz unless you get
Navsync to do some custom development.  The speed is only programmable
with the NMEA firmware load.

Ed