[time-nuts] E1938 PIC hex files?

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jun 13 09:29:13 UTC 2009

Pics have pretty good copy protection. I'd be surprised if Agilent haven't protected the pic in the E1938. Many pics (AFIK thisincludes the 'C74) scramble the data on reading a copy protected chip. This allows the verification of a chip without revealing the code. A known good chip is a starting point. fortuntly HP socketed the PLCC pic. Know you need a time nut with a good E1938, a PicStart Plus ( or similar programmer) and a PLCC adaptor. I have the latter two but no E1938.

Robert G8RPI.