[time-nuts] Thunderbolt stability and ambient temperature

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 22:08:58 UTC 2009

hi,
the main point of the water approach was the high performance of
water as a heat storage medium.
Quartz, if one can assume that is what pebbles are made of, has a
density of 2.7 g/cc but a specific
heat of only 0.2 cal/gm C.
That is only 0.54 cal/cc C compared to water with a figure of 1.0.
So water still has greater merit as a thermal buffer.
Cheers, Neville Michie