[time-nuts] Efratom FRS 10mhz rubidium frequency oscillator+ board

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Tue Jun 16 10:24:46 UTC 2009

I posted this in reply to the original question in the Microwave list...

What you are describing is not an FRS-C but a box that contains an
FRS-C. I think it was some kind of Telco package. The box produces
versions of the 10 MHz from the FRS-C on two of the TNC's and a 15 MHz
sine generated from the 10 MHz on the third.

I bought one of these in 2004 and did some digging to try to figure out
what is inside. The results of this are in a document I created, here:
ftp://ftp.sonic.net/pub/users/rexa/FRSrubidium/rubid_notes.pdf

There's a version of the FRS-C manual in that same FTP directory.

My recollection is that the FRS-C is not very clean in phase noise. The
document should have all you need to get it working. If you learn any
more about what the mystery pins (11 - 25 on the DB-25) might have been
for, I'd be interested to hear about it.

-Rex, kk6mk

I see from the pin-out below, that some of the unknown pin signals have been given names. Good to know.