[time-nuts] test mailing from a new member

David Bengtson david.bengtson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 00:59:02 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Magnus
Danielson<magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org> wrote:
> Hal Murray skrev:
>>
>> david.bengtson at gmail.com said:
>>>
>>>  I've recently gotten an opportunity to work on a GPSDO at work, and
>>> so I now have a real need to pick up some more information on the
>>> design tradeoffs and approaches in a GPSDO. I've plowed through a pile
>>> of old emails, but it's difficult to get a good overview from email
>>> threads.
>>
>>> I would appreciate links to discussions on the tradeoffs inherent in a
>>> GPSDO. Sampling clock rate, filter bandwidths, jitter requirements
>>
>> Be sure you know about hanging bridges.  Start with the
>>  "Timing for VLBI" slides at http://gpstime.com/
>
> The key issue is, what type of specs is needed? What may it cost?
> What kind of receiver may be considered? What's the intended application?

Specs.. Hmmmm. Good question. The application is for a frequency
reference, so frequency stability vs. PPS accuracy is important. Cost
is perhaps less important than size. The OCXO under control is a
small, surface mount part with +/- 0.5 PPM over temp, but flexibility
to use higher accuracy parts would be good. As this is for an internal
application, I'm not sure how much else I can disclose.

Thanks

Dave