[time-nuts] HP5370A self test fault characteristics and diagnosis

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Fri Jun 19 07:46:53 UTC 2009

Bruce,

I've never seen you post a new thread as a response to an existing,
unrelated thread, as you've done here. You are not the first to do this,
but I thought you might be aware of these subtleties.

In the spirit of quasi-related posts...

On the 5370A part, I recently bought one cheap and it sort of works but
seems very noisey in its lower order digit readings; clean external ref
doesn't help. I haven't looked at obvious things like the power supply
yet, but I'm curious if the group has any thoughts of common problems to
look for.