[time-nuts] Bad capacitors (was Volt-nuts cooperation?)

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 22 01:20:14 UTC 2009

I have rebuilt about 20 of the PG505's using 2200 uF 80V caps that a local surplus store had.  They were about the same size as the original 350 uF caps and seem to work fine.   They were the closest value that they had that could be installed in the original mounting holes.  I ain't got no ripple in my pulses no more ;-)

hi

many thanks for the heads-up on the pg505 caps!
they are supposed to be 350 ufd at 75 vdc.  they are anything but.