[time-nuts] GPSDO project

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Sun Jun 28 20:00:43 UTC 2009

In a message dated 28/06/2009 20:34:25 GMT Daylight Time, brad at braddye.com
writes:

I have  just purchased a Thunderbolt GPS receiver. I hope to use this
to  discipline an oscillator on 66.66666 MHz so I can use it as a LO on
my Software Defined Receiver (SDR-IQ).

Building such an oscillator  is a little over my head so I thought I
would ask the group if  anyone knows where I could buy the missing link
of this project. I  have put a drawing of my project on the web showing
the specs of  what I need. The oscillator is shown in the blue box.

Any help or  suggestions would be greatly  appreciated.

http://www.braddye.com/gps_do.html

One option, although perhaps a bit bulky as it's a 3U 19inch rackmount
unit, would be to use something like a PTS160 synthesiser,  or Wavetek  5120A
which is similar, which can be driven by an external 10MHz  reference and can
provide outputs between 100KHz and 160MHz with resolution  as fine as 0.1Hz
depending on number of incremental modules  fitted.

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR