[time-nuts] Thunderbolt plug and play

Keith G Malcolm kmalcolm at tpg.com.au
Tue Jun 30 22:59:52 UTC 2009

Hello David,

I'm a complete beginner in this field, but after a lot of reading and
following these threads, I finally bought a Tbolt from China via
e-bay. Arrived in just under a week by post, plugged it in to power
and antenna and got 10 MHz output.

I eventually connected a lap-top PC via a USB-serial adaptor cable,
ran Tboltmon (downloadable from the Trimble site) (took longer to
find which COM port the thing was using) and got a nice display. The
unit was still showing its previous location as reference, so I just
used Tboltmon to reset to my location using the position data shown
by the Tbolt. Couldn't have been easier. I got mine from seller nhbbobb.

Regards.

Keith G Malcolm
VK1KM