[time-nuts] GPS antenna installation problem

paul at greenrover.demon.co.uk paul at greenrover.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 2 17:32:01 UTC 2009

> Quote:
>
> Some antennas are setup with the coax connector on the inside of a place with
>>> threads where the pipe attaches.  The coax has to go up the inside of the
>>> mounting pipe.

Comscope do a stainless steel grip for this purpose, Its quite normal to
hang LDF4-50 5-50 etc inside a 15m monopole with no support apart from
one of these.

Here is a different supplier  with a similar product.

http://www.cablegrip.co.uk/doubleye.php

I think in the US you call them Klein grips?

For home use you could very easily improvise one using nylon cord and a
knot called a girth or prussic.

HTH

--
73 de Paul GW8IZR IO73TI