[time-nuts] pi Day

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 11:40:18 UTC 2009

2009/3/4 Rex <rexa at sonic.net>:
> Steve
>> I'll buy you 0.1415926... of a pint if you come over here on that day.
>> That should make a complete pi of you.
>>
>> 73, Steve
>>

> Surely you jest. Most of us wouldn't walk to the fridge for 0.1415926 of
> a pint. Maybe it is a decimal point problem. 31.4 pints would probably
> have anyone pi eyed. 3.14 pints is somewhere in the realm of celebrating
> pi whilst still probably getting home.

But Magnus already has 3 invites to pi day so just needed the balance :)

OK, call me a cheapskate but I'd really buy him a few more than that
if he came over here. Heck, I'd buy you all a drink if your ever down
this way. Brits need not apply, the beer down here is really terrible
guys, although, by the time you have drunk 31.4159... cans, you really
don't care what it tastes like :)

Oh, and they serve it up in litres down here too and at -something deg
C. Good job too, you really don't want to taste it. Rule #1, don't
drink warm NZ beer :)

73, Steve
--
Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD & JAKDTTNW