[time-nuts] Thunderbolt performance vs temperature sensor

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Sat Mar 7 03:35:30 UTC 2009

Hi there,

Would you have the EFC plots while in holdover for us?

You can try to place the unit into your refrigerator. That will drop it  down
to 3C or so from ambient. That will give you enough of a change so that you
can see how the EFC changes with the two sensors.. It will also give you a
good  idea how good the OCXO itself can handle thermal shocks.

BTW: the drift you described is quite high, it definitely busts the CDMA
spec in both cases (CDMA: 7us/Day or so). But I am not surprised by this if they
use the Dallas chip for temp compensation of the OCXO.

A good GPSDO (with double oven) should not drift more than 1us per day
typically in holdover after one week of continuous operation.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 3/6/2009 16:04:32 Pacific Standard Time,