[time-nuts] About HP10544A

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Sun Mar 8 11:00:14 UTC 2009

Esa Heikkinen wrote:
>> I'll see if I can produce a schematic as a pdf file.
>> I presume you can also obtain red LEDs?
>>

> LEDs are available ready in shelf...
>

>> Can you obtain parts from Farnell or RS Components?
>>

> Yes I can. One design goal for the whole system is that all parts should
> be easily availale somewhere like Farnell, ELFA etc. distributors
> selling small amounts.

Esa

White emitter follower circuit attached.
The LED ensures a temperature stable collector current for the npn
common emitter device
The 47 ohms in series with the output ensures stability with a
capacitive load.
Distortion of this circuit is lower than that of the 10544A.

Some work is required - it should be OK but you will need to check that
the circuit doesn't oscillate at VHF - can only go so far with spice.

Bruce