[time-nuts] pneumatically synchronized clocks

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Thu Mar 12 16:06:48 UTC 2009

That's good data on the pulse time, Marc. I suppose a one-second pulse
would be severely attenuated by a kilometer of pipe.

Interesting that the first image, Air17, shows a clock at 1:50. This is
now universal for watch and clock advertising, for analog dials.

Bought the Hahl clock on eBay (thanks, Russell). The bellows has
deteriorated, but I have some experience with player pianos. Looking
forward to seeing what it needs. Also have an 1879 print from Scientific
American coming that shows the workings of a pneumatic clock.

Bill Hawkins