[time-nuts] WWVB signal improved in Birmingham Alabama ?

Stanley Reynolds stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 12 17:37:43 UTC 2009

Has anyone else noticed an improved signal ?

We had a power outage March 1st and one of my clocks updated for the first time in more than a year. I was thinking it was all due to the lack of local noise conditions as the update was at noon,  should have been the least favorable as far as path conditions. But now the clock is updating every other nite and this is very strange as the noise conditions should have returned to normal.

Over the past year I have moved the clock to several location inside and outside and left it over nite to try and get an update but no luck. Also replaced batteries and reset the clock by removing the batteries. The recent updates have been in a unfavorable location so I think the signal has improved.

Checked the web site but I didn't see a change around March 1st that would explain the improvement. Too many variables and not sure the clock reception has not improved due to other reasons.

Stanley