[time-nuts] Loran-C & French Clocks

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Tue Mar 17 19:27:46 UTC 2009

Arnold,

> I therefore cannot see any problem is with France,
> but we have the need to define more precise and stable
> reference time from where we can then measure and add
> the Earth and Solar instabilities for our daily used standard
> watches, in order to be enabled still to continue living and
> travelling sun synchronously....
>
> I hope not having been informed wrong so far,
> kind regards and always precise time

Please recall that just because the TAI and UTC clocks is being
maintained by BIPM just outside of Paris does not mean the same as being
legally accepted basis of time within France.

Citing relevant law stating that the time of France shall be UTC + 1h
for normal time and UTC + 2h for summer time is providing the piece of
the puzzle that I was asking for.

I have read Swedish and Danish law in this respect, as well as most
translations of the EC directive on summertime.

It should be noted that I do not assume UTC = GMT.

Cheers,
Magnus