[time-nuts] French Time offset

Jean-Louis Oneto Jean-Louis.Oneto at obs-azur.fr
Wed Mar 18 12:44:48 UTC 2009

I don't have reference at hand but a long time ago there was a lot of
national meridian references, but I think they disappeared by WWI or WWII in
favor of the "International Meridian" in Greenwich. I agree that there was a
Paris meridian (it is still engraved on a building of Paris Observatory, as
well as San Fernando (Andalucia, Spain) was the reference meridian for
Spain, etc.
As far as I know, Poland legal time is defined by UTC(PL), for USA, I'm not
sure if it's UTC(USNO) or UTC(NIST), I believe that Germany is UTC(PTB);
I'm surprised that the _legal_ definition for UK is GMT, since there was an
argument from British people that they cannot agree to suppress leapseconds
in UTC without going to Parliament to change the definition for UK legal
time. Any more insights ?
Have a nice day,
Jean-Louis Oneto