[time-nuts] Hand Held GPS

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Mon Mar 30 09:21:04 UTC 2009

David C. Partridge skrev:
>> Do things never break in good weather?
>
> Yes, but only when all the people able to fix them are away on holiday or
> off sick, or you've run out of the necessary parts.

When ever else?

Things almost always fails when least convenient.

On rare occasions you have a freak event occuring when you are on
standby with correct spare parts. Only then you discover how lucky you
was since if you just had a thad of bad luck you would not have stood a
chance...

We've seen ligthning, monsun rains and overheating during winther due
snowstorm... (we had to send a bandwagon of people to shovled the
stations free so the A/C could work again)... just to mention a few
highlights... and not to speak of having people overnighting on the
mountain due to weather conditions...

Cheers,
Magnus