[time-nuts] PPS Divider

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Tue Mar 31 13:32:25 UTC 2009

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <49D20FBD.5010309 at febo.com>, John Ackermann N8UR writes:
>
>> The TADD-2 [...]
>
> Finally that middle shoe drops :-)

:-)

The back story is that after the TADD-1 I started working on a divider,
but instead of the PIC-based code decided to use a CPLD instead.  It was
a fine idea, but involved me learning a whole new craft (PLD
programming) and despite help from some on the list, I never got things
to the state where I was comfortable with either the hardware or the
software implementation.  So, the TADD-2 slipped to the back burner.

Then, two things happened: (a) I found myself *needing* a divider, and
(b) Rich McCorkle offered his version of TVB's code that could handle
both 5 and 10 MHz inputs; my need was connected with a 5 MHz standard.

By the way, for those new here, "TADD" stands for many things:

Totally Awesome	Distribution Device	(TADD-1)
		Digital Divider		(TADD-2)
		Divider Dongle		(TADD-2 Mini)
		Digital Distribution	(TADD-3)

At TAPR, we're working hard to use our acronym resources wisely.

John