[time-nuts] Prologix

Mike Feher mfeher at eozinc.com
Tue Mar 31 17:33:43 UTC 2009

A friend has a 5335A counter and bought a Prologix adaptor for it to collect
data. He wrote the software and has had extremely good results. He offered
to do the same for me utilizing my NI adaptor so I could use it for my
various counters. Unfortunately he ran into problems and feels he needs a
special version of basic in order to make my $500 NI adaptor work. I admit
to my total lack of programming ability. I still use GWBASIC, and only to
crunch heavy numbers. I have no idea how to interface any software to
communicate with an instrument, and, maybe am too old to want to learn as it
seems a lot of people do it on a regular basis already. If this becomes too
difficult I may have to buy a Prologix unit from Abdul. While I am all for
doing that, and I bought my NI before Abdul had his version going, I was
also under the impression that if the Prologix can do it the NI can do it,
but, not necessarily the other way around. My friend mentioned API calls,
whatever they are. Any suggestions? Thanks - Mike

Mike B. Feher, N4FS
89 Arnold Blvd.
Howell, NJ, 07731
732-886-5960