[time-nuts] HP 117A Manual.

Max Robinson max at maxsmusicplace.com
Mon May 11 03:24:28 UTC 2009

Hi All.

I now have the HP 117A but I find it has been modified for a 12 volt
antenna.  Looking inside I find a 3 terminal regulator that could be a
factory mod except it is on perf board.  Judging by the wires that come out
of the harness I would say there used to be something in that place.  The
voltage coming to the regulator is about 33 volts but the seller informs me
that there is an antenna voltage adjustment.  I suppose the voltage was set
to minimum to reduce dissipation in the regulator.  I am wondering what went
where that regulator is now.  Maybe a thermistor to limit the inrush current
to the antenna?  I am hesitant to just take out the regulator and solder the
ends of the wires together, excluding the ground of course.  If anyone has a
manual you have already scanned I would appreciate receiving it.

Regards.

Max.  K 4 O D S.

Email: max at maxsmusicplace.com

Transistor site http://www.funwithtransistors.net