[time-nuts] HP 117A

Gordon Batey gpbatey at wildblue.net
Mon May 11 14:10:46 UTC 2009

Greetings to all of the timekeepers on the list.  I have been enjoying the
discussions here for some time.

I am attempting to get an HP-117A VLF Comparator operational.  I had to
change an electrolytic cap in the active antenna and now have a strong
signal into the receiver.  I have a problem with the A-7 (00117-6020) plug
in board.  This is the same as the A-5 board.  The 60 Kc filter in the times
3 multiplier is not working reliably.  I suspect the transformers T-1
(00117-8004) or T-2 (00117-8005).   Does anyone know where I could get an
additional A-5 or A-7 board or the transformers or a second unit (working or
not)??  Any help would certainly be appreciated.

I picked up some chart paper at a yard sale labeled as follows:  Mfg
Amprobe;  part numbers 300 SWA and 830W which appear to be the correct size
for the 117A.  I have not yet tried it though.

I do have the actual manual and plastic overlay charts which I could copy if
there is an interest.

Reply to WA4FJC at arrl.net or GPBATEY at wildblue.net
<mailto:GPBATEY at compuserve.net>

Gordon