[time-nuts] Brandywine GPS-4

Jeroen Bastemeijer j.bastemeijer at tudelft.nl
Tue May 12 11:28:40 UTC 2009

Dear All,

I decided to switch on my Brandywine GPS-4 after some time on the shelf.
After start-up it takes some time, then the Alarm-LED starts flashing...
When I look at the data coming from the serial port it keeps saying
"L=load ESC=run". Unfortunately the unit doesn't respond to any command :-(

So I have no clue what the cause of the error is. I suspect the
microprocessor....

I checked the manual, but I couldn't find any information about this
behaviour. Is there someone around here with a  solution? Or maybe a
service manual?

BTW changing the power supply, didn't solve the problem. Current starts
at a higher level and drops after some time when the OCXO is on temperature.

Thank you, best regards, Jeroen