[time-nuts] OFF TOPIC... Seiko Digital Watch

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Tue May 12 19:50:00 UTC 2009

As an amateur watchmaker, I have some news for you.  Quartz movements
are cheap and cannot reasonably be repaired.  The movements are always
replaced.  They cost around $20 for the very complex crono movements
with multiple dials.

If you go to an authorized Seiko "repair" place, you might actually get
a real Seiko movement put back in your watch, but most of the time, you
will get a Chinese knockoff movement that they will glue to the back of
your dial.

-Chuck Harris

As a watchmaker, you can't even open the case for $70.