[time-nuts] Lady Heather version 2.0 now available

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Wed May 13 00:50:05 UTC 2009

One odd thing about your (Mark's) messages is the behavior of the ones that
have Hotmail advertising footers with URLs pointing to Windows Live.
Although they seem to come through as plaintext, clicking anywhere in the
body of the message (as when I want to bring the message window to the
foreground so I can read it) activates the URL link.  I then have to close
the resulting Firefox tab.

I guess it's some kind of hack on the part of Microsoft to artificially
increase apparent clickthrough ratios.  I've never seen it happen with mail
from anyone else.  It's possible that the time-nuts archiver is having
problems with whatever technique is used to turn the whole message body into
a live link.

(Obviously, messages that have gone through the listserv no longer behave
that way; it's just something I've noticed in messages between us offline
while working on Heather releases.)

-- john, KE5FX

_HM_Tutorial_QuickAdd1_052009