[time-nuts] 1PPS accuracy of commercial GPS receivers

bg at lysator.liu.se bg at lysator.liu.se
Fri May 15 21:35:39 UTC 2009

Hi Ulrich,

> mind. On the other hand: If a good timing receiver has ended his "site
> survey" it's position messages stay constant, even if you move it around.
> Obviously that is not what you expect from a navigation system. Keep
> navigation and timing receivers clear apart from each other. They are as
> different as horse and zebra.

We had this discussion a few years ago here!

You are still wrong. The best timing receivers available are the geodetic
quality receivers that have an external frequency input. Sometimes they
are slightly modified versions of the standard geodetic receivers, but
they remain top class navigation receivers never-the-less.

Tell me a modern receiver used by a national time-lab for time-transfer to
other labs that is a bad navigation receiver!

--

   Björn