[time-nuts] FreeBSD, NetBSD, or Minix-III?

Bob Paddock bob.paddock at gmail.com
Sat May 16 11:11:11 UTC 2009

I'm not out to start any kind of OS war here, I'm simply curious
as to alternatives.

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

> ... which you can read more about in my paper from 2002:
>
>        http://phk.freebsd.dk/pubs/timecounter.pdf

Anyone know how NetBSD stands in regard to time services?
http://www.netbsd.org/

Anyone ever look at Minix-III (Minix-I was the progenitor to Linux)?
Seems like it would be easy to make a decent time server, on
embedded hardware with it.  Past iterations of the Minix-III website
gave a "watch" as an example small embedded system it was meant to power.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MINIX_3
http://www.minix3.org/

--
http://www.wearablesmartsensors.com/