[time-nuts] Help ID 5 MHz Distribution Box

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Sun May 17 21:24:27 UTC 2009

   So, the output levels looked good?  Then you were luckier than me.
   I think I tried a fast and dirty divider off of a 10 MHz signal and it
   worked very nicely.  I wasn't trying for 'time-nuts' quality, just
   confirming basic functionality.  I used a 'scope in X-Y mode to view
   both signals.  It's nice to see a Lissajous figure that doesn't make
   you dizzy. :-)
   Do you have a mixer kicking around?  Mix a 10 MHz and 15 MHz signal and
   dump the results into the ref input.  I don't know if the output will
   be at a high enough level, but it can't hurt!
   Ed
   Richard W. Solomon wrote:

After numerous diversions, I got back to the box and got it working.
Just as an experiment I stuck 10 MHz in the Reference Input, nada.

So, I need to find a divider to get 5 MHz. I got lots of 10 MHz signals,
even a 15 MHz but no 5 MHz. I really don't want another project just to
build a divider. I'll look around.

As she stands, it is pretty stable. But it would be nice to lock it to
a GPDSO.

Thanks again for the help,

73, Dick, W1KSZ