[time-nuts] 747 Chronometer

Charles Rushing crushin2000 at austin.rr.com
Thu May 21 06:45:10 UTC 2009

Greetings To All,

Please accept my apologies in advance if this is off-topic.  I have just
acquired an aircraft clock, which I've tentatively identified as coming from
a Boeing 747.  It's way cool looking and would make a perfect dust collector
in my ham shack if I could only power it up.

There is a multi-pin military-style twist-lock connector on the back, but no
indication of what the pinout may be.  The unit is identified as:

"CLOCK, 3" 24 HOUR GMT ELECTRONIC

 MFD BY A.W. HAYDON CO. PRODUCTS

 NO. AMER. PHILIPS CONTROLS CORP.

 Cheshire, Conn.

 MFR'S. PT. NO. A15551-P1"

I've searched the Net for technical documentation, but could only find the
reference to the 747.  Does anyone have any information about these clocks,
or can someone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance.

Chuck

WA5MUV