[time-nuts] 5070B once more.... (actually electrolytics)

g4fre at g4fre.com g4fre at g4fre.com
Sat May 23 13:30:29 UTC 2009

I just got hit by this issue in my Dell GX270. Its the one i use for HPIB
instruments/Heather. The video output disappeared. Doing a web search i
found lots of posts on they used faulty capacitors. They didnt do a recall
as it would lead to "bad customer perception of Dells quality" (they had
just done a battery recall).

Upon examination 2 had "bulged" You can get kits to replace all 18
electrolytics. It may explain why there are a lot of gx260/270/280 unsold on
ebay recently

Dave