[time-nuts] Broken Ovenaire OSC 85-50

Stan W1LE stanw1le at verizon.net
Sun May 24 19:36:17 UTC 2009

Hello Joe,

At one time I used methylene chloride, a clear liquid, to dissolve epoxy.
Took awhile, but the epoxy did soften up and I could easily chip it out.
I soaked the item in a large covered pickle jar for a couple of days.
The liquid and vapors of the solvent got to the epoxy nicely.

Caveat: This method may also dissolve other electrical components and
you may
have to revert to chipping the epoxy out with a scalpel.

Possibly applying a few drops at a time to the area, instead of the
complete immersion
would be better.

I would look to the Agilent website and do a document search on the end
item: 5316B.
They may have the details, schematics, test specs, etc.

Stan, W1LE    Cape Cod    FN41sr