[time-nuts] Trimble T'Bolt Firmware Versions

Stan W1LE stanw1le at verizon.net
Fri May 29 20:20:51 UTC 2009

Hello The Net:

So far I have experienced 2 different versions of the T'Bolt firmware.

I have  revision 3.0 of 27 June 2002 ( mfg date: 29 August 2006)
and 2.12 of 24 April 2000 (mfg date: 23 August 2000).

Using Lady Heather to compare, both versions perform similarly, when
satellites are available.
version 3.0 performs better under a forced manual holdover.

I use a single active (patch) antenna outside at gutter height and a
Symmetricom 090-58537-01 GPS Active Smartsplitter, 1 X 4
to feed RF to the 2 T'bolts.

There looks to be a version 2.22 T'Bolt firmware also.

Have folks experienced other versions of firmware ?

Stan, W1LE    Cape Cod   FN41sr

ZZZZz