[time-nuts] Austron 2100 Antenna

Skip Withrow swithrow at idcomm.com
Sat May 30 14:21:06 UTC 2009

I have run an Austron 2100 for a long time with a home-made antenna
consisting of a short (15') vertical wire with an active impedence
transformer at the base.  It is just a FET source follower where the wire
drives the base and the source drives the coax to the receiver.  Power is
fed up the coax via a home-made power inserter.

A longer wire would probably work better, but it is pretty simple.  I have
the schematics somewhere, but would have to dig for the file.

Regards,
Skip Withrow