[time-nuts] HP10544A Confusion

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Sun May 31 21:50:46 UTC 2009

There was a design change between the issue of the 1972 and 1975 datasheets.
The 1975 and later datasheets state that the oscillaor circuit was
modified from the earlier version.

The latter oscillators had a 15dB lower phase noise floor.
The oscillator supply voltage specs also changed as did the oven voltage
specs.
It is likely that the later models used a BT crystal whereas the earlier
ones used an AT crystal.

Bruce