[time-nuts] improved version of Ulrich's EZGPIB with multi run capability

Arnold Tibus Arnold.Tibus at gmx.de
Sun May 31 23:32:58 UTC 2009

Hello all  the Time Nuts,

I just tried the newest version of Ulrich's EZGPIB, it was worth to
look for it, I am happy.

I can finally run my different models of Prologix GPIB I/F Modules
for Ethernet and USB all together, simultaneously !
(Not to forget the RS232 I/F of the 53131(2)A counter etc..)

EZGPIB can now either be started several times from the same
installation folder (only one program name and one folder)
or
several times with different names installed in different folders
and then be run simultaneously (one time per installed EZGPIB),
(The installation is practically just to copy the unzipped files into a
empty folder...).

What happens if I try a mix both possibilities? I don't know ;-).
But now I can run a mix of instruments via different interfaces for
more complex measurement setups.

Because the program does not look twice for the same interface,
(internally blocked)
it does seem to be impossible to create a interface crash.

One can enable/disable the type of interfaces to be looked for
in the EZGPIB.INI file.

So many thanks to Ulrich who finally managed to find the way
to solve this problem (for what I was long time wating for ;-)  )!

Perhaps others will enjoy as well to work with as I really do now,
regards

Arnold