[time-nuts] HP/Symmetricom 58535A and 58536A

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Tue Nov 3 22:24:09 UTC 2009

Hi Bjoern,

Yes. On our FireFly series GPSDO I get up to 45dB signal to noise  ratio
with a passive 1-to-4 splitter following the Agilent active  splitter.

I think there is something going on with the Thunderbolts such as the
antenna sense circuit not working properly etc, please also see my other email
following this one.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 11/1/2009 04:04:11 Pacific Standard Time,
bg at lysator.liu.se writes:

Hi  Said,

> I think the added noise of the Amp may play funny with the  Thunderbolt's
> receiver, and there may not be anything wrong with your  splitter.
>
> M12M's and uBlox receiver's don't have a problem at  all, even if two
units
> are cascaded. They do start to have issues with  three splitters in
series.

Did you check that you have enough signal  power for the Tbolt, when
cascading (passive)  splitters?

--

Björn