[time-nuts] Rohde & Schwarz XKE2 Standard frequency receiver

Alan Melia alan.melia at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 6 21:14:23 UTC 2009

Hi Hubert I have an XKD which I am guessing is the same as yours but mine is
tuned for BBC Droitwich on 200kHz (now moved in the early 1990s to 198kHz).
I have been unable to find a manual or circuit anywhere. The radio side
seems fairly straightforward with 4 tuned amplifier stages, but I have not
worked out the phase detector circuit. The divider in the box is just a set
of 7490s decade stages in my unit, swiched as required, to provide a signal
for the phase detector. If yours is for 77.5kHz  DCF77 it will be probably
quite different in this area. If you find any information on the circuit I
would be interested too even for the XKE.

I have used mine with a wire aerial to plot the phase of Droitwich against a
local Austron 1250a standard.

Best Wishes
Alan G3NYK