[time-nuts] Calculating frequency differences using Lissajoufigures

David Smith w6te at msn.com
Sun Nov 8 00:07:57 UTC 2009

I'll drink to that!
Dave W6TE
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: J. L. Trantham<mailto:jltran at worldnet.att.net>
  To: 'Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement'<mailto:time-nuts at febo.com>
  Sent: Saturday, November 07, 2009 3:45 PM
  Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Calculating frequency differences using Lissajoufigures

  And you watched it the whole time to see the 'reversal' of the rotation.

  Once going, it is not possible to tell 'which way' it is rotating.  In other
  words, can you tell if it is rotating clockwise or counter clockwise?

  I would suggest making the GPSDO the 'trigger' for the scope and watch the
  LPRO on one of the input channels of the scope.  If I recall correctly, if
  it moves left, the LPRO is high and if it moves right, it is low in
  frequency.  Please do not quote me on this as I have had a glass of wine.
  After all, it's 5 o'clock somewhere.

  Joe