[time-nuts] LORAN C shutdown

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Nov 9 23:06:26 UTC 2009

Don't overlook that laser/fiber "ring-gyros" will drop in price the
patents expire and the predatory pricing ends:

	http://www.es.northropgrumman.com/solutions/mk39/assets/mk39.pdf

As much as I have enjoyed playing with Loran-C, I would far rather
have a shoebox-sized, totally autonomous dead-reckoning backup, with
no lightning-prone antenna, than a Loran-C receiver.

Doesn't help us timing guys, but we have Cesiums if we are really
serious.