[time-nuts] Oscillator for service monitor

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Tue Nov 10 16:46:49 UTC 2009

A friend of mine is looking for a suitable replacement for the
timebase in his Motorola S1327A service monitor. Here is the
description he sent me for the existing oscillator.

1 Mhz Oscillator.
Made by: Monitor PO of Pasadena, CA.
Mfg Date 05/73

Heater is 115VAC.
Osc power is 30VDC (+15 and -15).
Can is 1.5 inches square. 3.75 inches long.
Has an 8 pin Octal Socket on one end. Adjusting cap on other end.

Can anyone suggest a suitable substitute? According to my friend,
replacement units are no longer available and other, used units are
usually also defective.