[time-nuts] 10 MHz Distribution Amp

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Thu Nov 12 20:54:46 UTC 2009

Well, the *cheap* alternative is a simple CATV splitter, available off the
rack at Home Depot for $5-$10.  If you have enough 10 MHz drive, and if your
instruments will lock up reliably with the resulting attenuated output, then
you're all set.

Before I bought a 5087A, I was able to lock almost all of my HP and Tek gear
on a 4-port splitter fed by a Thunderbolt at +9 dBm.  The only exception was
my 5345A counter, but a $2 MAV-11 amplifier took care of that.

-- john, KE5FX