[time-nuts] Reference oscillator accuracy

David I. Emery die at dieconsulting.com
Sat Nov 14 02:27:58 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 09:51:11AM -0800, J. Forster wrote:
> WWVB not WWV.
>
> IMO, WWVB is MUCH fussier than LORAN. It's just utter stupidity that LORAN
> is being shut down.

	I have emailed my brother in law who is a rear admiral (I think
now called a vice admiral) and currently CFO of the USCG (and as a note
re your alma mater a MIT Sloan grad) and rather loudly said so myself.
He most likely was part of the group that made the decision... I intend
to ask him why they did it when I next see him.

--
  Dave Emery N1PRE/AE, die at dieconsulting.com  DIE Consulting, Weston, Mass 02493
'For Rent' sign still vainly flapping outside on the weed encrusted pole - in