[time-nuts] The Demise of LORAN (was Re: Reference oscillatoraccuracy)

bg at lysator.liu.se bg at lysator.liu.se
Sun Nov 15 19:19:26 UTC 2009

>>How about in the area surrounding a major airport that has frequent low
>>visibility?
>
> Airports are different, most airports are allowed to do "whatever
> it takes" to eliminate interference which is a threat to aviation.
>
> They also have the necessary kit to find and identify the jamming
> signals.

> Poul-Henning

Then look at the weather forecast, get a supply of weather ballons and
release at a random shedule, from a wind direction chosen point. Your
jammers now have a good vehicle, to be above the receiver antenna. Very
hard to track and take out... I guess the airport soon would make sure
non-GPS navaids are well supported.

--

   Björn