[time-nuts] The Demise of LORAN (was Re: Reference oscillatoraccuracy)

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Mon Nov 16 02:55:32 UTC 2009

I was shooting from the hip, I thought the DGPS signals were sent at UHF,
but maybe not, but that's not the point. The point is that you can
significantly affect DGPS operation without having to jam the GPS signal
itself.

I found a reference saying the Monterey Bay jammer was jamming the DGPS
station, rather than the DGPS signal. I have not found the original article
I was looking for about it, but I think I remember that the boaters and
Coast Guards were the most affected, as you should expect because they rely
on and need the additional accuracy of the DGPS system.

Didier