[time-nuts] Rubidium standard

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Wed Nov 18 13:39:52 UTC 2009

Steve Rooke escribió:
>> The MTBF is the inverse of failure rate or 1 / 0.00125 = 800 years.

The meaning is that if you a representative sample of 25 year-old
humans, and their ages remains at 25 years constantly during 800 years,
you should expect that half of the humans would have failed ater 800
years ;) Also in this case would be better to use Mean Time To Fail
instead of Mean Time Between Failures. The problem is that we usually
are only at 25 year age during a year (less if we have a 'failure')

Regards,

Javier

Javier Herrero                            EMAIL: jherrero at hvsistemas.com
HV Sistemas S.L.                          PHONE:         +34 949 336 806
Los Charcones, 17A                        FAX:           +34 949 336 792
19170 El Casar - Guadalajara - Spain      WEB: http://www.hvsistemas.com