[time-nuts] Rubidium standard / MTBF

Bob Camp lists at cq.nu
Thu Nov 19 23:08:08 UTC 2009

Hi

My favorite example in terms of life span is your refrigerator. In a sense, they run 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You run them in the kitchen forever, move them out to the garage and they still keep running. 20 years later the typical fridge is still doing it's thing with absolutely no maintenance at all other than replacing the light.

Of course there is the issue of the 20 year old piece of pizza back in that dark corner of the fridge...

Bob