[time-nuts] OT - GPS and North

Bob Camp lists at cq.nu
Sun Nov 22 00:53:30 UTC 2009

Hi

If you only have one antenna and one receiver, the answer is fairly simple. Swing it around you head on the end of a long string. Plot the position reading vs time. Correlate the readings to the phase of the rotation.

It does indeed work (it's a doppler scanner ...). You could easily argue that it's not exactly a stationary situation any more.

Making it work correctly would involve a lot of work figuring out just how much lag the receiver has. You might have to swing it at a 10 rpm rate ...

Bob