[time-nuts] Alternate frequency sources - second opinions

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Nov 23 00:00:23 UTC 2009

> I'm not sure, but when satellite links go down, the picture freezes.
> That implies a frame store which is likely bad news for timing.

I'm not sure that "bad news" is the right term.

If you have frame buffers (and they were a big breakthrough many years ago),
then you get timing from the output side of the frame buffer rather than the
input side.  The output side is your local TV station.  If they have a good
clock, you win.  If not, oh well, maybe another station will be better.