[time-nuts] Thunderbolt reception problems

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 24 05:19:32 UTC 2009

I just completed a 4 hour run with a Tbolt pimped out with the optimized AMU (1.0), elevation mask (25 deg),  DAC gain (3.458 Hz/V), TC (500 sec),  and damping (1.2 ... could be better) settings along with the active temperature control.  And I wasn't using the fancy pants Sunday go-to-meetin' antenna.   Results were PFDG (pretty freqin' darn good) none the less:

RMS of PPS error 2.53 ns,  rms of osc error 14 ps,  rms of temperature error 26 microdegrees C,  max temperature deviation 3.7 millidegrees C (not too shabby for a cardboard box, a little waffle foam,  and a PWM modulated fan)

All values were based  upon the Tbolts self-reported data values.  Due to my horrible location issues,  there were some satellite constellation and signal dropouts...  things could have been better.